Forward Action is looking for a Head of Creative Delivery to join our friendly, fast-moving team.
You’ll be in charge of our creative work, editing and drafting copy, coming up with digital engagement tactics, and ensuring we deliver high quality creative work that helps our progressive clients hit their goals. If you know how to write copy that inspires people to act, have great attention to detail and are passionate about making the world a better place, this job is for you.
This is a permanent role, with the freedom to work both in our London office and remotely anywhere in the UK. You can work either four or five days per week. Applications close Sunday 24 February 2019.
Who we are
Forward Action is a full service digital agency for progressive causes. We come up with ideas for campaigns that get results, then do the work to create them. We have been in the engine room of some of the most successful election and charity digital campaigns of the last few years, helping our clients add millions of new supporters to their email lists, raise more money online (from more donors) and create campaigns that have led to real-world change.
Our clients are some of the most exciting and impactful organisations in campaigning, including Greenpeace, The ONE Campaign, Amnesty International, WaterAid, The Labour Party and SumOfUs.
What you’ll do as part of our team
- Edit (and sometimes draft) copy for emails, Facebook ads, action pages, and the digital engagement tools Forward Action is well known for (example here)
- Manage creative capacity for Forward Action, ensuring that concepts, copy and other deliverables are produced on time and to a high standard
- Line manage our Junior Digital Campaigner, overseeing their workload and supporting their professional development
- Provide clear, constructive feedback on copy written by the Junior Digital Campaigner, freelance copywriters and other members of the team
- Attend brainstorms and come up with concepts for engagement tools and other tactics
- Plan the layout and user experience of web pages, create wireframes, and provide designers with briefs and feedback on designs
- Plan supporter email journeys
- Liaise with clients and colleagues via email, Trello and video calls
- Attend planning meetings with clients
- Advise clients on Facebook ads strategy, and run Facebook ads campaigns
- Build and check emails, Facebook adverts and Typeform journeys
- Come up with ideas for new tests we can run to optimise our creative work
- Develop and maintain a roster of skilled freelance copywriters
- Help draft posts for Forward Action’s blog and Twitter feed
Benefits and location
Pro Rata Salary: £45,328 if you live inside London, £40,471 (plus £3,000 travel expense allowance) if you live outside London.
Contract Term: This is a permanent contract.
Location: In our Hoxton office, with the option to work remotely. Ensuring our team is open to people who live outside London and enabling staff to work flexibly are important values to us, so you’ll have the freedom to work from home regularly. Most of our meetings are held via video conferencing, but you will occasionally need to attend meetings with clients in London – once every two-to-four weeks on average.
This role can be either full time or four days a week.
Holiday: 25 days/year (pro rata), plus bank holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year.
Why work at Forward Action?
Our values are critical to us: we will only work with causes that make the world a better place. You will get to work with some of the most inspiring and impactful organisations in the sector, and spend your days helping win progress on everything from climate change to clean water.
You will be working at the cutting edge of digital campaigning. We recognise that what we do can always be tested and improved, so we constantly pursue innovation. We are an agile, fast-moving team, and you will have the opportunity to rapidly develop and expand your skills and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to giving equal employment opportunities to everyone who applies for this role. Our team is open, inclusive, friendly, respectful and kind.
Abilities and experience you’ll need to have
- 3+ years experience working in digital campaigning and/or digital fundraising
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Experience writing and editing copy for emails, online ads and websites
- Enthusiasm for thinking creatively, coming up with and evaluating new ideas
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Good organisation and attention-to-detail
- Dedication to helping build a fairer, more progressive society
- Fluency in spoken and written English
We’re also looking for a quick learner. We don’t expect you to know or have done everything when you start – instead, we’ll be looking for you to pick up new skills and knowledge quickly, then run with them.
Abilities and experience that are nice to have
We know it’s not possible for any applicants to have all these skills – it’s likely you’ll be able to bring 3 – 5 of the following to our team:
- Experience working in the charity sector
- Experience working as a freelancer and/or at an agency
- Experience managing at least one team member
- A solid understanding of online user experience (e.g. how to lay out a web page to improve conversion rates)
- Experience planning supporter email journeys
- Experience building emails, especially for fundraising
- Experience planning, drafting, setting up and running Facebook ad campaigns
- Knowledge of how to plan a fair A/B experiment
- Experience working with designers
- Basic HTML skills
How to apply
To apply for this job, please complete the form here: https://airtable.com/shrfxWtilYI9va661
To ensure our hiring process is as fair as possible, we run an anonymised application procedure. So please remove your name and contact information from your CV before uploading it, and only enter these details in the online form.
To apply, you will need to include:
- your CV (with name and contact details removed)
- up to 250 words explaining why you want this job and how you’re suited to the role
- five examples of your writing across a range of digital media, in particular emails, action pages and Facebook ads. If possible, please provide these in a format that doesn’t include your name.
Applications close on Sunday 24 February.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a written online task from home – this can be any time that works for you between Thursday 28 February and Monday 4 March. Selected candidates will then be invited to attend an interview (either in person in London or via a video call) on Monday 11 March.
If you’re unclear about anything to do with the role, you can contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org