Forward Action is looking for a Digital Strategist to join our fast-moving team. You will be at the heart of our digital campaigns and fundraising work, managing projects and planning strategy to help our progressive clients hit their goals. If you’re passionate about making the world a better place, have 18 months’ experience in digital campaigning or fundraising and are well organised with good attention to detail, this job is for you.
This is a permanent role, with the freedom to work both in our London office and remotely anywhere in the UK. You can work either four or five days per week.
Applications close on Sunday 9 June.
Who we are
Forward Action is a digital movement building agency for progressive causes. We come up with ideas for campaigns that get results, then do the work to create them. We have been in the engine room of some of the most successful election and charity digital campaigns of the last few years, helping our clients add millions of new supporters to their email lists, raise more money online (from more donors) and create campaigns that have led to real-world change.
Our clients are some of the most exciting and impactful organisations in campaigning, including Greenpeace, The ONE Campaign, Amnesty International, WaterAid, The Labour Party and SumOfUs.
What you’ll do as part of our team
- Manage projects from conception through to build, overseen by our senior strategy team. This will involve coordinating work from both our creative and development teams and liaising with clients via email, Trello and video calls, and liaising with freelancers.
- Ensure all the projects you manage stay on deadline throughout
- Work with our senior strategy team to devise strategy for the projects you’re leading
- Analyse the results of tests and tactics and provide strategic recommendations to clients based off them
- Attend planning and project review meetings with clients
- Take part in brainstorms to generate ideas for tactics that help our clients hit their goals
- Plan the layout and user experience of microsites, create wireframes, and provide designers with briefs and feedback on designs
Benefits and location
Pro Rata Salary: £30,905 if you live inside London, £27,594 (plus £3,000 travel expense allowance) if you live outside London.
Contract Term: This is a permanent contract. The role can be either full time or four days a week.
Location: In our Hoxton office, with the option to work remotely. Ensuring our team is open to people who live outside London and enabling staff to work flexibly are important values to us, so you’ll have the freedom to work from home regularly. Most of our meetings are held via video conferencing, but you will occasionally need to attend meetings with clients in London – once every two-to-three weeks on average.
Holiday: 25 days/year (pro rata), plus bank holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year.
Why work at Forward Action?
Our values are critical to us: we will only work with causes that make the world a better place. You will get to work with some of the most inspiring and impactful organisations in the sector, and spend your days helping win progress on everything from climate change to clean water.
You will be working at the cutting edge of digital campaigning. We recognise that what we do can always be tested and improved, so we constantly pursue innovation. We are an agile, fast-moving team, and you will have the opportunity to rapidly develop and expand your skills and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to giving equal employment opportunities to everyone who applies for this role. Our team is open, inclusive, friendly, respectful and kind.
Abilities and experience you’ll need to have
- 1.5+ years’ experience working in digital campaigning, digital fundraising or digital direct marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Being comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisation and attention-to-detail
- Experience of managing projects
- Dedication to helping build a fairer, more progressive society
- Fluency in spoken and written English
We’re also looking for a quick learner. We don’t expect you to know or have done everything when you start – instead, we’ll be looking for you to pick up new skills and knowledge quickly, then run with them.
Abilities and experience that are nice to have
We know it’s not possible for any applicants to have all these skills – it’s likely you’ll be able to bring 3-4 of the following to our team:
- Enthusiasm for thinking creatively and coming up with new ideas
- Experience working in the charity sector
- Experience planning supporter email journeys
- A solid understanding of online user experience (e.g. how to lay out a web page to improve conversion rates)
- Experience planning digital strategy to hit measurable goals
- Drafting and building emails, especially for fundraising
- Reviewing or editing content
- Drafting and setting up Facebook adverts
- Knowledge of how to plan a fair A/B experiment
- Experience working with designers
- Basic HTML skills
- Experience working at an agency
How to apply
To apply for this job, please complete the form here: https://airtable.com/shrmqQpofuj3iaytG
To ensure our hiring process is as fair as possible, we run an anonymised application procedure. So please remove your name and contact information from your CV before uploading it, and only enter these details in the online form.
To apply, you will need to include:
- your CV (with name and contact details removed)
- up to 250 words explaining how you’re suited to the role and why you want this job
Applications close on Sunday 9 June.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a written online task from home – this can be any time that works for you between Friday 14 and Monday 17 June. Selected candidates will then be invited to attend an interview (either in person in London or via a video call) on Tuesday 25 June.
If you’re unclear about anything to do with the role, you can contact our team on email@example.com